Saturday, November 25, 2006

Mad World





While I was watching t.v. yesterday (Friday) I saw the new (I think it's relatively new) commercial for Gears of War. I felt the need to figure out what the song used for the commercial was. The song is a cover of a 1983 song called "Mad World" by the British band Tears for Fears. It was covered by Gary Jules and Michael Andrews for the movie Donnie Darko. Embedded is the music video for the Gary Jules version. I prefer it to the original. I find the synths in the original a little off-putting for the darkness of the song. The video is fairly simple but is interesting. It goes well with the style of song.

Info stolen from the Wiki Article on "Mad World"

1 comment:

mike said...

what the fuck. how does this website know who i am?


i was going to post under Anonymous and make all sorts of funny jokes.

I love that commercial though, it prompted me to make Ryan buy gears of war. The game is alright, but that the commercial is rather powerful in my opinion.

And you're right about the Gary Jules version over the Tears for Fears version. Dark track.