Thursday, November 16, 2006

Among other things.....

I really donked around today. Lost $30 in $10 buy-ins and some more in ring games. Ick, not my day. At first I just wasn't playing well and to top it off the deck was probably at about 16°F (I don't remember off-hand but 52off comes to mind). Also, both times I had cowboys the flop contained an ace (and so did my opponents hand). Oh well...

I played pretty well in the 1k freeroll today (Poker.com). I only made 2 real bad calls. One where I had a open-ended straight draw (that I caught) and the other with pocket aces. I picked up aces and had one person call my raise. Flop was Kd, Qd, 7(not sure what the suit was but it wasn't diamonds. Bet 4xBB on the flop. Turn was a rag (4 of clubs maybe). Bet again, called again. When the diamond hit on the turn I knew I was beat. However, since it was a freeroll and I was going to have to go to work soon anyways I called. He showed a J7 of diamonds and I was out.



I joined this poker site today. I joined it for a few reasons. Mainly because they give you $10 for just signing up. The clearing requirements are pretty steep (200 of their comp points)and you have to deposit to withdraw), but it's free. The other nice thing about this site is that there is no software. It is a completely flash based platform. Now, it's not really the best platform (it has been kinda sluggish on both computers if played on), but it's nice because I'm playing poker at work (and I'll be able to play on the girlfriend's computer after she goes to bed).

All in all, the site really isn't that great. I wouldn't recommend it for regular play. However, for someone who doesn't play often or just wants to play for free, it's nice. I can't see myself depositing any money there unless I happen to make a bunch from the free $10. If that does happen though, they do have a 200% deposit bonus that I found at wsop.com. They have $50 freerolls every hour and they offer $1 MTT's. While you can make much off of them they're nice for playing at work (I won one while writing this post). Since they're only $1 (+25¢) you can leave them if you get busy doing something else without losing much.

If you decide to join you should let me know. I'd like to refer you (I can make some money if you deposit and the play enough) so you should either:
  • e-mail/aim/msn/smoke signals or otherwise contact me you register and I will send you a refer-a-friend e-mail
or
  • make an account and let customer suppost know that I refered you and they can link you to my account(not sure what info they'll want about me)

No comments: