Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Update on me

First poker related stuff.....

I was not able to play in the final BPT event of this season. I was at my girlfriend's uncle's house for their family Christmas celebration. I think (hope) they liked me. Anyways....

this is the result of the final event. The top 20 is as follows:

Skinski's Blog1125
Irongirl011016
Scary Poker871
Poker Pub858
Peetscheet830
Poker Athletes Blog749
Flopilicious734
astinaguys poker blog712
Perfectly Beastly711
Freerollcalendar Weblog708
Alex701
I hate money681
Royal Poker677
Gamingology642
Evil666631
EgonOlsenPoker605
riverdemon582
PearlSnapMan Plays Poker560
5TH Street Forum546
Life, The Universe and Poker538


These people (blogs) will move on to the grand final on the 23rd of this month. You can check out up to the second chip counts here.


Played a few hours of poker today. I lost $10 pretty quickly on a .10/.25 table and then moved down to the .05/.10. I was doing fairly well (up to $20 or so from $5) when I lost $10 in one hand. Had 88 and (s)he hit a 6 on the river to make a set. I left the table a short while later with about $8.

I also dumped $20 into the $1,500 guaranteed(1R/A) this afternoon. Busted out pretty quickly and then used my 1 rebuy. I was short stacked near the first break and I picked up aces. I pushed (had little else I could do). Person thinks for a few seconds and calls. He then proceeds to crack my aces with ace-7. He picked up his final card for the straight on the river. The table then goes to break (without me).

Finally, I placed 6th in a $5+.50 shorthanded. I busted out with pocket sixes against ace king off suit. No bad beat (for me) or anything like that. I got lucky 2 times after the bubble burst when I made marginal calls. Other than that I think I played alright.



Non-poker news:

I passed all my classes. Go me!

No comments: