Sunday, December 10, 2006

I've calmed down now

Last post I was quite steamed about poker. After not playing for almost a week I've calmed down. My bankroll diminished quite a bit these past few weeks. After I made my last withdrawal ($100 around Thanksgiving) I basically lost everything. I had about $80 on PitBullPoker and now I'm on empty. Until yesterday I was at $10 on Poker.com. I played some 5¢/10¢ no limit and I made about $8. I basically need to completely rebuild. I am trying to do it without putting any more money in. I miss playing the $10 NL tourneys, but I suppose I'll have to wait until I've got a little more scratch.

Poker.com is feeling a bit festive this holiday season and has a promotion just for that. On December 30 the Poker.com Holiday Tournament will occur. The way this tournament works is as such. Poker.com will put up $10k + $50 for every person in the tournament. In order to get into said tournament it is required to refer-a-friend or to be a referred friend. You simply need to deposit and acquire 300 comp points by December 29th (this is actually quite easy - can be done in 1-2 hours). Also, if you do this I get $50 credited to my account (which I certainly could use right about now) and you get all the other Poker.com bonuses.

  • first deposit bonus (100% up to $200)
  • free 1k freeroll coupon
  • 7 days of new depositor freerolls ($500 prize pool each)
  • 4 weeks of $50 new player freerolls (run every 3 hours)
In addition, you get access to Poker.com's many freerolls:
  • $50 freeroll every 2 hours
  • $1000 freeroll every day (M-F)*
  • $10k freeroll every Sunday (except for below)*
  • $50k freeroll the last Sunday of every month*
*comp point requirements
To get these things click here or on the pictures above and use promotion code 100FIRST1k with your first deposit. You may just go to www.poker.com if you don't want to use me as a referal (that's not very nice though).


This Saturday (Dec. 16th) is the final event of the second season of the Blogger Poker Tour season 2. The Poker Pub is hosting the last call Omaha Hi/Low event. I'm sitting at 79 points (had to work the day of my only event - blinded out) and most likely have no chance of getting in the top 20 for the Grand Final. However, Imjusthereforthebeer (the host) had decided to put up his host bonus as a bounty on his head. So basically, if I were to get lucky enough to have him at my table, and then get lucky enough to bust him out at a game I've played maybe twice in my life, and then place high enough to get some points on my own....... then I would be able to get into the top 20. It might help if I were to get some referrals (HINT: join Poker.com, then join the blogger poker tour from my link). Anyways, good luck to those who have a chance.

No comments: